Risk

So I've never really been one to take risks. I personally prefer to play it safe and be predictable. That may not be very exciting to a lot of people, but at least I know what to expect and won't get hurt....That has always been my mindset. However, if you never risk, you can miss out on amazing opportunities. And if I have any regrets in my life, it's that I have always played it safe and held back in life for fear of rejection or fear of looking stupid. So I decided to change that! Yesterday was my 33rd birthday {insert jokes about being old here:)}, and I decided to give myself a gift by taking a risk. I almost chickened out. But because I know myself, I shared my plan to take a risk with some of my close friends. I knew I would have to do it because they would ask me about it later and I didn't want to have to tell them that I was too afraid to do it.

So I did it. I put myself out there. I made myself vulnerable. I risked rejection and looking stupid. I was so nervous and terrified.

BUT........

That risk paid off!!!!! And it was the best gift I could have ever given myself. I will never know what would have happened if I played it safe and didn't put myself out there. But I'm pretty sure and opportunity would have passed me by.

And because I chose risk, my life is going to change forever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely

Some Thoughts at Thirty-four

90 Day Challenge Complete