Great Expectations

Hmmmmm, I have a problem. Okay, I have lots of problems. But one of my problems is that I have great expectations - great expectations of myself and of others. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have standards and to hold one's self to them. And I feel like I do a great job of holding myself to the standards I have created for myself in my life. The problem comes in when I try to hold other people to those same expectations. This does nothing but cause trouble for me and the other person! I end up hurt and frustrated....but how do I lower my standards? Should I have to? Don't I deserve to get what I give? It seems like it might just be a lose lose situation here.

Comments

  1. Maybe there is a little confusion between expectations and projections. The "E's" can mostly only be healthy when their trajectory is between who you are now and who you would like to become.

    Expectations morph into projections when their trajectory is toward another. As they say(whoever they is) "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely

90 Day Challenge Complete

Some Thoughts at Thirty-four